1 of 8 photos slider-ban-1
2 of 8 photos slider-ban-2
3 of 8 photos slider-ban-3
4 of 8 photos slider-ban-4
5 of 8 photos slider-ban-5
6 of 8 photos slider-ban-6
7 of 8 photos slider-ban-7
8 of 8 photos slider-ban-8
Abbott Mount Cottage in the Himalayan region of Utrrakhand
Abbott Mount Cottage is a striking hundred-year-old heritage lodge.
With dazzling Himalayan views and never-ending snow clad forest cover,
this place is admirable for bird watching and nature treks.
The hamlet of Abbott Mount is situated at an altitude of about
6500 ft above sea level in the eastern part of the Kumaon Hills
near the small town of Lohaghat in Champavat District..
Abbott Mount was founded by and named after Mr John Harold Abbott, a British businessman who wanted to start a hill station for the European community at the turn of the 20th century. Unlike other Indian hill stations, Abbott Mount has changed little since its commencement. The hill station has with thirteen secluded cottages spread over its private hill and a picturesque church set amidst the forest, an old cricket pitch with an unsurpassed view of the mountains.
The Abbot Mount Cottage
If you’re looking to find some solace in the mountains or a weekend getaway from Delhi, the Abbot Mount cottage is just the place. Surrounded by chirping birds, gardens blooming with flowers, this dreamlike abode is sure to make your trip a memorable one. Adventure lovers can opt to go on a Himalayan Trek or Fishing tour to Pancheshwar, while others can relax and enjoy at the resort’s peace & quiet.
Places to visit from Abbott Mount:
Recommended tours Abbot Mount
1. Mahseer fishing at Pancheshwar
2. Himalayan Safari
3. Panchchulli Trek
4. Weekend Package
5. Join our fixed tours
Why Abbott Mount Cottage
● Ideal weekend getaway from Delhi
● A perfect base to explore the surroundings of Lohaghat
● Spectacular Himalayan Views
● Surrounded by beautiful deodar jungle
● A Heritage cottage with 4 double rooms a cosy homestay.
● Ideal for Yoga, Meditation & Wellness programs in serene ambience
● Nature Walks, Bird Watching, Treks, Church Visits, English Architecture Appreciation
● Delicious homemade traditional Indian food from our Kitchen
● A great weekend Himalayan Holiday in a Heritage Cottage and a Homestay,
● Abbott Mount Cottage is an ideal stop over for trekkers taking the Panchchulli Trek tour or on a Himalayan Safari.
● Abbott Mount falls in our Kumaon Himalayan tour and is a great stop over for anglers who wish to go to
Pancheshwar for Mahseer fishing.
● popular day treks from Abbott Mount.
● Experience the Indian Himalayas with Asian Adventures!