1 of 6 photos Abbott_Mount_Banner_23.11.17
2 of 6 photos Family & Pet Friendly Package (2)
3 of 6 photos A colonial heritage bungalow (12)
4 of 6 photos Fantastic bait point for Mahseer fishing
5 of 6 photos Abbott Mount will make you walk down the memory lane
6 of 6 photos Discover British roots in the small town of Uttarakhand
Your Take Away
- While walking in the forest, the energy of the Himalayas makes you connect with your own self.
- At an elevation of 1859 meters, you will find the remains of the Fort of demon ‘Banasur’ who was killed by lord Krishna.
- Every avid angler will make a stopover here before heading to Pancheshwar for Mahseer fishing.
- Interesting Himalayan fables are mostly unravelled around campfires.
- Bonding is the need of the hour in the busy pace of life. Friends & family invariably love this place for these holidays .
- Quiet and Serene, the cottage will give you blissful corners to sit and read, read and read.
- Magical moments of changing hues of the Himalayan peaks, birds and wild flowers – now all for your camera .
- Living in this colonial architecture will take you back in time, relive the history of The Raj .
- Nobody to prove to, cook your heart out in your self-catered private kitchen.
- Fireflies, tadploes, crickets, sparrows, ladybirds are awaiting your arrival to unfold their ways of life to you.
Abbott Mount Cottage in the Himalayan region of Utrrakhand
Abbott Mount Cottage is a striking hundred-year-old heritage lodge. With dazzling Himalayan views and never-ending snow clad forest cover, this place is admirable for bird watching and nature treks. The hamlet of Abbott Mount is situated at an altitude of about 6500 ft above sea level in the eastern part of the Kumaon Hills near the small town of Lohaghat in Champavat District..
Abbott Mount was founded by and named after Mr John Harold Abbott, a British businessman who wanted to start a hill station for the European community at the turn of the 20th century. Unlike other Indian hill stations, Abbott Mount has changed little since its commencement. The hill station has with thirteen secluded cottages spread over its private hill and a picturesque church set amidst the forest, an old cricket pitch with an unsurpassed view of the mountains.
The Abbot Mount Cottage
If you’re looking to find some solace in the mountains or a weekend getaway from Delhi, the Abbot Mount cottage is just the place. Surrounded by chirping birds, gardens blooming with flowers, this dreamlike abode is sure to make your trip a memorable one. Adventure lovers can opt to go on a Himalayan Trek or Fishing tour to Pancheshwar, while others can relax and enjoy at the resort’s peace & quiet.
Places to visit from Abbott Mount:
Recommended tours Abbot Mount
1. Mahseer fishing at Pancheshwar
2. Himalayan Safari
3. Panchchulli Trek
4. Weekend Package
5. Join our fixed tours
Why Abbott Mount Cottage
- Ideal weekend getaway from Delhi
- A perfect base to explore the surroundings of Lohaghat
- Spectacular Himalayan Views
- Surrounded by beautiful deodar jungle
- A Heritage cottage with 4 double rooms a cosy homestay.
- Ideal for Yoga, Meditation & Wellness programs in serene ambience
- Nature Walks, Bird Watching, Treks, Church Visits, English Architecture Appreciation
- Delicious homemade traditional Indian food from our Kitchen
- A great weekend Himalayan Holiday in a Heritage Cottage and a Homestay,
- Abbott Mount Cottage is an ideal stop over for trekkers taking the Panchchulli Trek tour or on a Himalayan Safari.
- Abbott Mount falls in our Kumaon Himalayan tour and is a great stop over for anglers who wish to go to Pancheshwar for Mahseer fishing.
- popular day treks from Abbott Mount.
- Experience the Indian Himalayas with Asian Adventures!