A Weekend Package for Abbott Mount Cottage
- It can sometimes be quite chilly outdoors at night, even in summer, so do dress warmly. We expect snow in winter.
- We do not have in-house laundry. Please carry extra clothes.
- The power supply is 220V. The power supply in Abbott Mount can be very erratic. The government has a load-shedding system and shuts down supply sometimes. Unfortunately, the timings of load-shedding are not fixed, power supply may disappear in the mornings on some days, and in the afternoon on others.
- As our focus is on developing a nature-centric experience at the lodge, we minimize running generators which cause sound and atmospheric pollution. We usually use emergency lights when there is no electricity.
- We would urge our guests to refrain from smoking in and around the lodge, inside the rooms and in the dining area.
- The smaller mammals, wild animals & birds occasionally do enter and pass through the lodge. Guests are requested not to walk alone at night. Please do not walk barefoot anywhere. If there are unwanted guests in your rooms (insects, geckos, etc.) please alert our staff who will remove them.
- We advise you to be careful with your valuables.
- Abbott Mount does not have a bank to change foreign currency. The nearest ATM of SBI is in Lohaghat, 9 km away. Please contact our manager for any assistance.
- Lohaghat is the closet town that has a hospital. If you have any medical conditions that we need to be aware of, please inform our manager. We do not have doctors on call.
- Check – out time is 11 am.
We do not have the facility to charge credit cards at the lodge. We recommend that you carry enough spare cash to pay for any extra expenses that you incur.